Cosmetic tattoo treatment lasts no more than 2.5 hours. And it lasts from 6 months to 3 years. It does not need to be washed off. It retains its original shape and successfully emphasizes the advantages of the face. In this article, we will tell you everything about cosmetic tattooing that you would like to know. We will disclose the features, advantages and disadvantages of the permanent makeup procedure of each zone. And we’ll show the photos of the finished work.
- What is cosmetic tattoo 2021
- Is it any difference between classic tattooing and cosmetic tattoo (permanent makeup)?
- The advantages and disadvantages of cosmetic tattoo
- The pros of cosmetic tattoo
- Disadvantages of cosmetic tattoo
- Stages of the cosmetic tattoo procedure
- How to prepare for the cosmetic tattoo?
- How to take care of the skin after cosmetic tattoo?
- Do I need a touch-up, retouch of the cosmetic tattoo?
- Types and peculiarities of cosmetic tattoo depending on the area where performed
- Cosmetic eyebrow tattoo
- Powder brows
- Mixed technique
- Eyeliner tattoo
- Eyelash or lash line tattoo
- Classic arrow eyeliner tattoo
- Eyeliner tattoo with shading powder technique
- Lip Tattoo
- Lip tattooing in the watercolour technique
- Lipstick lip tattooing technique
- To summarize. What is cosmetic tattoo for you?
What is cosmetic tattoo in 2021?
A procedure during which a pigment is injected into the skin – a special mineral-based pigment explicitly designed for cosmetic tattooing. There is nothing to worry about – the master introduces the pigment into the uppermost layers of the skin. The depth is not more than 0,8-1 mm. Due to this, the effect duration is reduced. Over time, the pigment is gradually dissolved, fade, and over time, and is broken down by the body and is excreted naturally. As a result, you get a “long-lasting” makeup, skillfully emphasizing the advantages of the face.
Is it any difference between classic tattooing and cosmetic tattoo (permanent makeup)?
The Cosmetic Tattoo has been known since the 90s. Now, sometimes permanent makeup is called a “cosmetic tattoo” out of habit. They are the same procedure. But now, experts try not to associate permanent makeup with tattooing because people have unpleasant associations with the latter.
It’s connected with the fact that before the Classic Tattoo, the pigment is placed deep (more than 1 mm) into the skin. And although the pigment remained there for a long time, sometimes for life, it inevitably left over time in a different colour. You have probably seen the consequences many times: blue, purple, grey eyebrows, blue lip contour, grey arrows on the eyelids. Because of the depth of the introduction of the pigment after the procedure formed heavy crusts, the healing process of the Tattoo was long and painful.
With cosmetic tattooing, things are different. Since the pigment is introduced only in the uppermost layers of the skin, the body can easily cope with them and eventually breaks them down. Bottom line: no colour migration. The shade gradually fades, and in a few years, becomes completely invisible. In addition, cosmetic tattoo doesn’t involve the formation of crusts – instead, there is some light flaking. And the skin heals quickly and smoothly. It’s the difference between permanent makeup and classic tattooing.
The advantages and disadvantages of cosmetic tattoo
To begin, let’s discuss the actual pros and significant cons of cosmetic tattoo, per se. Before deciding to do cosmetic tattoo or not, consider all of its sides. Both the positives and the negatives.
The pros of cosmetic tattoo
Why should you get a cosmetic tattoo procedure? There are several good reasons.
The effect is long-lasting and practical.
With cosmetic tattooing on the eyes (eyelids), lips or eyebrows, you don’t have to wear makeup every day. It is very comfortable. Especially, the application of precise contours causes a problem or inconvenience. The correct shape and colour beautifully accentuate the shape of your eyes, lips and eyebrows. Perfectly emphasizes the contours of the face, works on the merits and hides flaws. In this case, the effect lasts from 6 months to 3 years, and in the case of arrows can last longer. Depends on the chosen technique and zone. That is, everything that previously embarrassed you, caused difficulties or led to discomfort will be eliminated entirely.
Why do many girls decide to get cosmetic tattoo? Because it makes them feel more confident. In fact, knowing that the colour of the lips after eating won’t change, the lipstick won’t fade, and the arrows won’t rub off even after the pool completely changes the perception of themselves. Caught in the rain, every woman worries if makeup did not leak, did not leave dark circles under the eyes. Permanent tattooing helps to forget these worries during the full effect.
Also, financial savings should be added to the benefits. You may not even have thought about how much money you spend on buying cosmetics. Here, other cosmetics are not required at all. Once make a tattoo and correction – and you look good always and everywhere without using pencils, glosses, lipstick and the like.
Cosmetic tattoo not only makes you more beautiful. It will help to hide most of the visible flaws. This can be pigmentation, scars, gaps in the eyebrows, blue lips, asymmetry. Lip tattooing visually enhances the lips through colour without the use of injections.
You know how makeup can transform a person if it is done correctly. It’s the same with cosmetic tattoo. It can help to conceal reliably and permanently what you used to hide with conventional makeup.
Disadvantages of cosmetic tattoo
In some cases, the cost of the cosmetic tattoo procedure can be a disadvantage. For example, if you have an oily skin type, cosmetic tattoo correction will have to be done more often. It’s because subcutaneous fat pushes out the pigment, so the effect’s visibility is significantly reduced.
Also to the disadvantages can be attributed the fact that the permanent tattooing session is inadmissible for everyone. There are several contraindications:
- Persons under the age of 18 years. In our studio, we do not perform the procedure of cosmetic tattoo on minors. At 16 years old, minors are allowed to undergo the procedure in the presence of their parents.
- Diseases that result in poor or slow blood clotting.
- Diabetes mellitus, on condition of taking insulin.
- Mental disorders.
- Skin diseases, inflammation in the cosmetic tattoo area.
There are also relative contraindications – those because of which the cosmetic tattooing procedure will have to postpone. These include any ailments, viral infections, pregnancy, lactation period. However, there are techniques of permanent makeup, in which it is possible to carry out the procedure for pregnant and breastfeeding moms. For example, powder brows tattooing can perform without an anesthetic, strictly prohibited for use on pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Stages of the Cosmetic tattoo procedure
The procedure of cosmetic tattoo includes the stages of performance:
- Consultation. First, the master will introduce himself to you, will answer all your questions. Together with you will choose the shade of pigment, will recommend the most suitable. It can be one colour or a mixture of several colours to get the best shade to suit your colour type, hair and eye colour.
- Sketching. With a pencil or pen, the master will sketch the future permanent pattern on the face. So, you understand what to expect and what shape the result will be. The creation of the sketch is a severe stage of the work. Therefore, do not hesitate to discuss it and modify it if you do not like something.
- Application of anesthetic (anesthetic). The type of anesthetic and its frequency depending on the area of the tattoo and the chosen technique. For example, an anesthetic is used twice for the arrow tattoo: before the procedure and after the first run. For lips or powder eyebrows – once after the first pigment run.
- Performing a cosmetic tattoo session according to a previously developed and approved sketch.
- Treatment of the area with antiseptic and, if necessary, application of healing cream.
- Consultation, making an appointment for correction. During the consultation, the master will detail the permanent makeup care and give the memo. It is essential to follow the recommendations to heal your skin and have a beautiful result quickly.
How to prepare for the cosmetic tattoo?
If you make up your mind about cosmetic tattoos and want to ensure that the result will be correct and beautiful, you should prepare for the cosmetic tattoo procedure. The preparation does not imply any particular and complicated actions. For the most part, it is essential, but the recommendations may differ depending on the area where the tattoo will perform. Read more about the preparation in our article.
Basic recommendations about preparation include:
- Exclusion of any cosmetic, cosmetic procedures associated with skin trauma: scrubbing, peels, injections;
- Suspension of taking antibiotics, as well as blood thinners;
- For 1-2 days, excluding alcohol, energy drinks.
If you plan to do classic eyeliner tattooing, there is the recommendation to remove the artificial eyelashes. Also, if you wear contact lenses – just before the permanent makeup, it is also advisable to remove them.
In addition, if you are planning a lip tattoo and know that there is a possibility of herpes, 2-3 days before the procedure, it’s recommended to start taking anti-herpetic drugs. And continue it for another 2-3 days after the permanent makeup.
How to take care of the skin after cosmetic tattoo
The question of care is fundamental. It is necessary to follow the recommendations of the master strictly. We wrote about the care in detail here.
Care, as well as preparation, involves basic recommendations:
- On the first day with the abundant secretion of ichor, remove it with chlorhexidine or liquid baby soap and wet baby wipes with low Ph. On the second day and beyond, it is recommended not to do so. It’s the beginning of “dry” care;
- Never tear off crusts or peeling that have formed. It is important to avoid any mechanical contact with the tattooed area so as not to catch the thin skin and not to re-traumatize it, causing a release of a lymphatic fluid;
- Avoid steaming the skin. It includes prolonged hot baths, visits to steam rooms, saunas, bathhouses and swimming pools;
- Exclude any procedures related to skin trauma;
- exclude the use of cosmetics, greasy creams.
The period of complete recovery is 28-30 days. For the first week, the skin heals, and then it recovers. You can not traumatize it and affect other means at the time of healing: decorative, skin-care cosmetics. Especially those that contain alcohol. In the recovery period is already acceptable to use decorative cosmetics. However, steaming the skin is prohibited for the entire period. In 30-45 days after the first cosmetic tattoo procedure, it is necessary to correct.
Do I need a touch-up, retouch of the cosmetic tattoo?
No one can force you to have your cosmetic tattoo corrected. It’s your face, and it’s up to you to decide. However, all the masters recommend correcting in 1 or 1,5 month after the first permanent makeup procedure. Because:
- Powder techniques suggest light shading. The master can do a “test” cosmetic tattooing to see how the pigment behaves during the skin recovery and what shade obtain after the healing. During the correction, the master saturates the tattoo with colour to get optimum colour and long-term “wearability” of the permanent makeup;
- The correction prolongs the effect by an additional pass of colour. Without correction, the effect of permanent makeup can split;
- With the help of correction, it is possible to correct any small imperfections formed during the period of skin healing and correct the form. For example, to make the eyebrows wider, the arrow thicker, and even change the colour to a brighter one.
If you want a beautiful result that will last more than 1-1.5 years, correction is necessary.
Types and peculiarities of Cosmetic tattoo depending on the area where performed
The tattoo procedure completed in the area of the eyebrows, eyes and lips. Depending on the zone, there are different techniques. The techniques are numerous.
Note. Some masters, for promotion and advertising, call the same technique by different words. Watercolour lips – powder lips, powder eyebrows – pixel eyebrows. Because of this, it gives the impression that the techniques cannot be counted. In fact, the basic and most popular techniques are only a few.
Cosmetic eyebrow tattoo
Cosmetic eyebrow tattoo is the most relevant and popular procedure. After all, eyebrows require permanent care, and it is quite difficult to maintain their shape and colour on their own with the help of cosmetics. In addition, permanent eyebrow makeup solves a number of problems:
- It emphasizes the form and helps to create it if the native form is sloppy, asymmetrical, chaotic,
- maintains a beautiful colour, emphasizing the face, eyes, shape of the face;
- hides flaws: gaps in the case of hair loss, scars, micropigmentation, etc.
Permanent eyebrow makeup is offered in several techniques. The most popular are three.
The top technique, a favourite of most girls. It is performed by point introduction of the pigment, creating the effect of shrinking. It’s the most painless technique of all existing.
The powder eyebrows give a natural look. Clear edges and overly bright shades do not characterize them. In this case, the technique guarantees gentle and smooth gradient transition and naturalness. More about powder brows tattooing in Melbourne we have already written.
The peculiarity of the technique:
- Ideal for girls with light natural eyebrows, as well as girls whose eyebrows quickly burn out under the influence of ultraviolet light;
- maximum natural look, as if eyebrows were painted with shadow or pencil;
- The minimal period of healing of the skin is due to the spot superficial introduction of the pigment. The formation of crusts is excluded. Maximum – a slight, hardly noticeable flaking. The skin heals faster. Read about the stages of healing in the article;
- Minimal painful sensations. The permanent makeup procedure can be performed without an anesthetic. This makes it accessible to women in pregnancy and breastfeeding young mothers;
- It looks beautiful in any colour type and shape of the face, suitable for women of any age.
The procedure has no disadvantages except for the common ones, which include standard contraindications to permanent makeup.
Classic microblading involves the master making skin incisions in the shape of the hair growth and filling it with pigment. It’s a classic version most trendy technique in Australia. Face Figurati studio are skilled and confident in eyebrow feathering and microblaidng eyebrows tattooing for the last 6 years. Eyebrow Feathering the result is identical to microblading, but the principle is different. Hair tattoo is not performed with a manipulator (a small blade), as in the case of microblading and the usual machine. The needle draws the hairs, imitating their growth. This ensures the safety and proper healing of the skin.
Features of the technique:
- The best option if the natural hairs fall out, partially or entirely absent;
- helps to create a clear form – looks great in situations when the natural eyebrow hairs grow chaotically, in different directions, and are unruly.
Note. Microblading is not suitable for owners of oily skin types because of the high probability of “floating” of transparent hairs.
It is a combined technique that includes two at the same time: powder eyebrows and microblading (hair tattoo). More rarely chosen by girls because of the relatively good effect.
Features of the technique:
- If the eyebrows are absent – the ideal choice of technique;
- Suitable for those who have “thin thread” eyebrows and would like to make them visually thicker.
We should note the higher cost of the technique compared to previous ones and the more extended procedure of permanent makeup. It’s since the master does two techniques in one.
Cosmetic eyeliner tattoo excludes the necessity of daily eyelash makeup application. In particular, drawing the arrow. This kind of cosmetic tattoo recommends for those who are used to drawing the arrow on the eyes or emphasising the look to make it more expressive.
Advantages of the eyeliner tattoo:
- Absolute aesthetics. Not only emphasizes the eyes but also makes them more open, puts the accent on the eyes, visually lengthen the eyelashes;
- Visual correction of eyes. Correctly chosen form of arrows can correct the eye shape and form;
- Ability to hide minor defects in the eyelid area: small scars, visually raise an overhanging eyelid;
- everyday convenience. No more need for makeup application. The eyeliner can use as a different type of makeup without the addition of shadows.
The eyeliner cosmetic tattoo offers 3 techniques: the inter eyelash or lash line tattoo, classic eyeliner, and eyeliner with shading.
Eyelash or lash line tattoo
The top technique in cosmetic eyeliner tattooing. It fills the wintergreen space with pigment. The technique makes the eye look completely natural. A neat intercross arrow looks nice, does not force every day to apply mascara to the lashes, making them visually thicker and longer.
Advantages of the technique:
- The painlessness of performing the procedure. In the process, not the entire area of the lash growth line touch in places where the lashes do not grow. That is, partially. It minimizes painful sensations. Given that the cosmetic tattoo procedure involves the use of an anaesthetic, any discomfort exclude;
- The naturalness of the image. The intracorneal arrow is not prominent. It is not conspicuous. It looks exquisite. Its purpose is to frame the eye, without a hint of a pretentious makeup;
- The interlaces don’t force the lashes to be painted. Even without painted eyelashes, the arrow looks beautiful and relaxed.
Note. The interlaces will not help to correct the shape of the eye visually, will not hide the flaws. Conditioned by the principle of its performance. Details about the technique in our article.
Classic arrow eyeliner tattoo
Do you like broad arrows on the eyes? Classic is for you. It accentuates the eyes, corrects the shape, makes accents on the look. It can have any shape to choose from, length and free edge curve.
Features of the technique:
- Optimal for camouflaging any imperfections. Reliably conceals scars visually raises the drooping eyelid;
- corrects perfectly the form of eyes with a correct choice of the width and length of the arrow.
Important. If you choose a wide arrow shape, you will have to paint your lashes every day. But it is enough for full daytime makeup. Arrow+black lashes = a solid classic.
Eyeliner tattoo with shading powder technique
Shaded eyeliners are less popular among all suggested cosmetic tattoo techniques. Not much in demand because the tattoo is noticeable. Suitable for those used to painting the arrow every day and applying shadow or shading eyeliner/pencil on the eyelid.
- The best option for concealing imperfections;
- Looks smart and attractive;
- visually enlarges the eyes and gives them an incredibly effective accent.
Apply lipstick or gloss to your lips every day, but get tired of touching up your lips throughout the day? Lip blush tattooing eradicates this problem. The perfect colour of the pigment in combination with visually enlarged lips gives an incredible effect.
Cosmetic lip tattoo not only provides colour and a lovely, beautiful shade. But also able to change the shape of the lips to make them visually more plump, lush, and hide flaws: scars, sinuosity, asymmetry. Today you can do cosmetic lip makeup in 4 popular techniques: lip blush, watercolour, lipstick techniques and lip shading tattooing.
Lip tattooing in the watercolour technique
The trendiest cosmetic lip tattoo technique. Supposed a simple introduction of pigment and its soft shading. Hence the additional name – powder lips. Most often, nude shades use (hence the additional name “nude lips”) pastel shades. The technique’s purpose is not to hide flaws but to give lips freshness and juiciness without pretentiousness and excessive emphasis of colour on the face.
- Firstly, the most natural effect. It is undeniable. The watercolour technique gives naturalness to the image. The lips look more voluminous, and their colour is soft and feminine;
- Secondly, minimal painful feelings due to the soft blurring of the pigment;
- Finally, suitable for all women of any age.
Note. The loose introduction of pigment does not allow you to hide noticeable flaws on the lips or severe blue lips. Watercolour is not capable of overlapping the failed previous tattoo. We have already written about the technique in more detail here.
Imitates the effect of lips painted with lipstick. The pigment introduces more densely. Often saturated shades are used: from gentle pink and coral to bright reds. The main difference is the ability to hide imperfections, visually enlarge the lips and give them volume.
- The cosmetic tattoo technique allows you to “play” with the shape of the lips. You can visually enlarge them and lift the lips’ lowered corners to make the “Cupid’s arch” more expressive. It’s the safest and most painless way to change the shape of the lips without injections;
- perfectly conceals any imperfections;
- is offered in two versions: with or without contouring;
- Allows you to vary the colour. It is possible to use one shade or several, making a beautiful transition with an ombré effect.
This cosmetic tattoo technique makes the lips look noticeable. And it suits those who are used to using thick lipstick.
To summarize. What is cosmetic tattoo for you?
A cosmetic tattoo is a beautiful, modern alternative to decorative cosmetics. It’s an excellent opportunity to get rid of the need for daily makeup with the effect of at least one year.
In addition, permanent makeup is an opportunity to hide the obvious flaws that make you feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. Such a simple procedure will effectively hide scars, unwanted marks on the face. It will emphasize the advantages, make the emphasis on expressiveness, add femininity.
Objectively, the process of performing tattooing can be uncomfortable. Besides, it takes time to recover the skin. It’s necessary to follow the recommendations to prepare for the cosmetic tattoo session and take care of your skin. It seems to require a lot of time and patience. The most straightforward manipulations and a little responsibility will give unprecedented comfort. That’s why the permanent makeup procedure chooses by celebrities and girls who value their time and want to remain attractive in any situation.
You always have an opportunity to get a consultation from our masters about cosmetic tattooing. If you have any questions or you are worried about something, and you haven’t decided whether to do permanent makeup or not, contact us. Our masters will help you by providing expert help with any questions.