Every woman understands how important the shape of the eyebrows is. After all, the correct shape emphasizes the features of the face, frames the eyes beautifully and accentuates the oval of the face. That is why correction and colouring become the only solution for a beautiful shape.
Cosmetic Tattoo becomes a real escape for women who are tired of painting and plugging their eyebrows. The permanent makeup procedure makes it possible to avoid these cosmetic procedures for 1.5 to 2 years. It leads our clients to a logical question: should the eyebrows be plucked after the permanent makeup or before it? Let’s find out whether the eyebrows should be plucked or shaved what you should do with the brow hairs before or after the treatment.
Should the eyebrows be plucked or not before tattooing?
Today’s permanent makeup techniques do not involve the creation of an entirely new eyebrow shape, especially when it comes to the most popular technique, microblading eyebrows or powder brows. The main aim of permanent makeup is to create a neater, tidier and more beautiful shape to the existing eyebrows and add colour. Therefore, the master must see the shape and colour of the natural eyebrows before proceeding. Therefore:
- It is not necessary to pluck the eyebrows before the tattooing procedure. Moreover, it is ideal if they are plucked as much as possible. It is advisable not to pluck the eyebrows 2-3 weeks before the procedure. In this way, the master will be able to select a more harmonious and trendy eyebrow shape. After the sketch has been drawn up and approved, the specialist will remove any superfluous hairs using tweezers.
- Important! If you have thick, dark eyebrows and you do not want to walk around with an overgrown form for a long time, you can remove excessive hair yourself 3-5 days before the procedure. But these should be hairs that will not be involved in the design and shape. For example, those that grow below or above the main shape.
- In 3-4 weeks, do not colour your eyebrows with dye or henna. Firstly, the dye penetrates the skin pores, and this can damage the permanent makeup residue. Secondly, the colour of your eyebrows should be natural so that the master can see it and pick up the right shade of pigment.
Also, no cosmetic procedures may be performed on the eyebrows before the tattooing procedure. In particular, lamination, Botox, long-lasting styling, etc. It is essential to prepare appropriately for the permanent makeup procedure to get the desired result. We wrote about this earlier in this article.
Even if you have hardly any eyebrows because of illness or personality, partial eyebrows that have fallen out or are drooping, there is no need to shave them off before the treatment. In this way, you will make the craftsman’s work easier, and you can expect to create the most correct and beautiful shape. Therefore, the answer to the question of whether you need to shave your eyebrows before tattooing is an unequivocal no. The same applies to the laser tattoo removal procedure. It is not allowed to traumatize the skin before the removal. Extra hairs can only be plucked after fully recovered skin – 3-4 weeks after the session.
Do I have to pluck my eyebrows after getting tattooed?
A permanent makeup procedure, irrespective of the technique, does not affect the hair follicles of the eyebrows. As a result, the hairs will continue to grow back in the usual way. Therefore, the needle with the pigment is only introduced into the upper layers of the skin, not affecting the hair follicles. Therefore, it is necessary to pluck the hairs to maintain the shape of the eyebrows created by the master.
Important! It’s allowed to pluck eyebrows not earlier than a month after the permanent makeup procedure. If correction is planned, then there is no need to pluck. During the correction period, the technician plucks hairs that have grown back on their own. If the correction will not occur or has already been done, wait until the period passes and then proceed to the plucking of unnecessary hairs. The point is that the skin needs to recover, and the pigment needs to be fully absorbed. If you pluck the hairs earlier than 3-4 weeks after the tattooing procedure, the skin will be re-traumatized. It can affect its regeneration process and prolong the healing and recovery time.
How to pluck eyebrows after cosmetic tattoo
It is imperative to self-correct the shape after an eyebrow tattooing treatment in time to maintain its appearance. Therefore:
- Remove hairs that disturb the tattoo line or smudge its contours;
- Pluck hairs that are growing haphazardly stick out or that you think might be detrimental to the overall appearance of the eyebrows. But don’t overdo it so that no visible gaps are left. If the eyebrows are growing correctly and the shape created by the craftsman has been maintained, there’s no need to pluck them.
- You can reshape eyebrows at any time, whenever you feel it’s time to remove those quirks. Generally, it’s every two weeks, but you can choose any frequency. It depends on your natural hair growth rate.
Do I have to shave my eyebrows before my eyebrow tattooing procedure?
Under no circumstances should natural eyebrow hairs be shaved off! Even if there are gaps in the area or most of the eyebrows are missing, leave everything as it is. The master will find the shape and correct the situation himself.