What are powder eyebrows? All the pros and cons of the popular technique
Every woman interested in the beauty industry has heard of permanent make-up and wants to know the pros and cons of eyebrow tattooing. This procedure allows for different effects on the eyebrows, depending on needs. Therefore there are many techniques, among which powder eyebrows are considered the most popular.
As soon as a cosmetic tattoo artist in Melbourne started performing it, it gained an overwhelming demand. This is because the technique is safe, painless and gives a fantastic result – natural eyebrows of natural colour and shade, with a unique execution principle.
This is the technique that we’re going to talk about in this article. We will explain in detail what powder brows are, the pros and cons of this technique, and to whom it is better not to do it.
What are powder eyebrows?
Powdery eyebrows are a unique technique of permanent makeup that is incomparable to the eyebrows, giving a natural effect of colour shading. In this regard, the method has several synonymous names found in the beauty industry: shadow spraying or shading, nano pixel technique, and powder spraying.
The technique lies in the point (hence the name “pixel”) that injects pigment into the skin to a depth of 1 mm. This principle of pigment injection with a different frequency of dots creation allows for achieving colour stretch. A smoky effect is created: the colour is bright but not flashy, as close to natural as possible, and not pretentious. On the inner side of the eyebrow, the colour is lighter and closer to the end, it becomes darker and more prosperous. The eyebrows look moderately bright as if a pencil or shadow shaded. Thus, there are no clear outlines of the form rough boundaries.
No other existing permanent technique can boast of such an effect, making it a favourite among women who want to look excellent thoroughly while maintaining the naturalness of the image.
Recommendations for choosing a powdery eyebrow tattooing technique
Powder eyebrows can be made by any woman who wants to tidy up her eyebrows and forget about using cosmetics for this area for up to 2 years. Indeed, with the help of tattooing, the eyebrows are always perfect. They retain their impeccable shape and colour in any life situation, whatever you do.
But this technique becomes the recommendation of the master if:
- There are minor flaws in the brow arch area: small areas of lost hair, scars, the effects of skin diseases that you want to hide. In this case, powder brows will perfectly hide them and give self-confidence;
- Native eyebrow hairs are thick but light or quickly fade in the sun. The technique will create a background in which the eyebrows will look darker;
- Inappropriate eyebrow shape or chaotic hair growth, due to which the appearance deteriorates, you have to style the hairs constantly. The ideal shape developed by the master will hide this minus;
- I want to give the eyebrows colour without using decorative cosmetics while maintaining a natural appearance.
The technique is suitable for any woman. Whether it’s the need to hide flaws or the desire to look impeccable, in any case, the powder brows tattoo technique will help to achieve the desired result.
Advantages and disadvantages of powdery eyebrows
The procedure provides stunning aesthetics in the image but also has “technical” advantages that you need to be aware of:
- Thanks to the effect, the technique visually suits everyone. At the same time, age and skin type do not matter. Even for women aged 45+ with a fatty type of dermis, the technique is ideal;
- The technique is the most non-traumatic in comparison with any other eyebrow permanent tattooing techniques. Since the pigment is injected in dots, the total area of skin trauma is significantly reduced. Therefore, during the procedure, pain is minimal, and after it, the skin heals faster and without negative consequences;
- The duration of the procedure is only 1.5 hours, and the effect is up to 2 years;
- It can do to girls from 18 years old.
Cons of technology
In Melbourne and Brisbane, you can make powdery eyebrows for 400-600 AUD, depending on the studio’s level and pricing policy. Of course, among the many masters who offer this service, you can find it much cheaper (from 200 AUD). But we strongly advise against saving on permanent makeup for several reasons: The disadvantages include the presence of contraindications, as well as the high price of the service.
- The cheapness of the technique testifies to the master’s saving on something. It can experience (beginner master);
- Lack of sterilization (which calls into question your safety and health);
- The quality of equipment, pigments and consumables. Therefore, it is impossible to predict what the final result will be.
We do not claim that the result will be negative 100% of the time. But, as practice shows and the number of clients who came for revision after the “economical” service, most often, the effect does not meet expectations.
The cost should include the need for correction at the expense of 50% of the total price of the service. Of course, the master cannot insist on doing it. But powdery eyebrows touch up and consider the second mandatory stage of tattooing. We’ll talk about this later.
Otherwise, powder eyebrows are ideal for those looking for permanent makeup. Yes, the price of the procedure may bite and not be affordable for everyone. But the technique is worth it, considering how much money is spent on buying eyebrow cosmetics and the discomfort of its unreliability.
How is the eyebrow powder technique procedure performed?
The process is carried out sequentially and step by step:
- Consultation. The effect of permanent eyebrows lasts about two years, so it is essential that the client likes the result of the master’s work. For this purpose, the master consults on all questions. The pigment or several shades are selected if combined to answer the client’s concerns and questions. The way the shadow is stretched is discussed, as there are several possibilities: from light to dark or one saturation along the entire length;
- The master draws up a sketch. Using a template and pencil, the master draws the same shape after the procedure. Artists always consider the brow’s natural shape and the density of the hair, the shape and the fit of the eyes, the oval of the face and the client’s preferences. This stage is critical because the final effect depends on it. A lot of time is given to it so that the client likes everything;
- Initial anaesthesia is applied. If the client wishes, anaesthesia may not be used or used only during the procedure. This will be discussed with the masseur during the consultation. If it is decided to use anaesthetic twice, it is applied locally on the tattoo area before the procedure and afterwards during the process;
- Execution of the procedure. Ten minutes after the anaesthetic has been applied and has taken effect, the master will begin the work. Strictly according to the agreed sketch, the master spot injects the pigment. The entire procedure takes no more than 1 hour;
- At the end of the procedure, the technician will advise on brow care, if necessary, and make an appointment for a correction.
When you can't do eyebrow tattooing using the powdery eyebrow technique
The artist will refuse his services if you have a medical condition:
- HIV AIDS;
- Diabetes mellitus with constant insulin intake;
- Illnesses in which there is insufficient blood clotting;
- Psychiatric disorders;
- Inflammation of the skin in the area of the eyebrows in an advanced form;
- Infectious diseases;
- General indisposition.
- The master will suggest postponing the procedure during respiratory illness or menstruation. It is better to wait with her for a week later.
You Mat have an eyebrow powder tattooing during pregnancy and breastfeeding as long as no anaesthetic is used. It contains lidocaine, which penetrates the bloodstream and harms the baby. There is also a nuance concerning pregnant and lactating (HB) women.
The master will suggest a different tattooing technique if there are noticeable bald patches in the eyebrow area. There is severe hair loss (e.g. due to illness), a lot of grey hair or the eyebrows are too light, and the client refuses to have them painted for personal reasons.
The healing process of powdery eyebrows
The healing process of ombré powder eyebrows
This procedure minimally traumatises the skin, and the healing process takes around 28 days. During the first 5-7 days, the skin heals and regenerates. The rest of the period is the body’s acceptance of the pigment. It settles in, forming the final colour.
Immediately after the procedure, the skin will be slightly red and puffy. It’s a normal reaction of the organism to the injury of the derma, which will disappear by itself after 1-2 hours.
On the third day, peeling appears – this is a peculiarity of the procedure. It does not involve the formation of crusts (for example, after eyebrow microblading); instead, there is a delicate exfoliation. However, it helps if you don’t try to get rid of it mechanically.
Try not to hurt your eyebrows or pull off dead skin. If itching occurs, do not scratch the area. If you still really want to do this, press your fingers or cotton swabs over your eyebrows – this will reduce itching for a while.
An essential advantage of the technique is that the healing process takes place quickly and imperceptibly. There are no significant changes on the eyebrows that could spoil the appearance. But remember that during the healing period, the eyebrow shade will become lighter.
How to care for your eyebrows
If earlier the masters recommended the use of healing agents, today the opinion has radically changed. The statement replaced that without various healing ointments and gels, the skin heals faster. The fact is that it is necessary to use such funds carefully and without frills: apply in a thin layer at regular intervals. But girls who made powdery permanent neglect this and applied ointments in a thick layer. As a result, the pores blocked, and the healing process is prolonged.
We recommend using only chlorhexidine or another antibacterial agent to remove the lymphatic fluid released on the first day after the procedure. After that, it should often do – as soon as it appears, do not let the lymphatic fluid dry on the eyebrows. Once the lymph stops flowing, no additional care is required.
But for the healing process to proceed correctly and without negative consequences, it is necessary:
- Avoid steaming the skin for the first 2-3 weeks after the procedure. It is forbidden to visit the steam rooms, swimming pool, solarium, to lie in a hot bath for a long time;
- Exclude the use of decorative cosmetics for the first 10 days, as well as the performance of any cosmetic procedures within a month after the session;
- If the skin dries excessively, you can use plain petroleum jelly. It should be applied in a skinny layer for 1-2 hours and then washed off with water;
- After washing, you must use a soft cloth or paper towel in the first few days after the procedure, gently blotting the brow area.
Do I need to prepare for the procedure?
Some requirements must observe on the eve of a powdery eyebrow tattoo treatment. It directly depends on how the pigment will take root and how the eyebrows will look. The requirements are simple:
- For several days, do not consume alcohol, antibiotics, blood thinners, caffeine, including energy drinks;
- With frequent manifestations of allergies, start taking antihistamines. The drugs must use after the procedure for 2-3 days;
- Exclude any cosmetic and cosmetic procedures that can damage the skin: scrubbing, peeling (mainly chemical), correction, etc.
Duration of the effect of powder eyebrow tattoo
The time of the impact is 1.5 – 2 years. But the period is an individual question and depends on the organism. Its characteristics, the perception of the pigment, the way of life.
This duration becomes both a minus and a plus. The downside is that some women want the effect to last longer. In this case, you can extend it by performing a correction and saturating the eyebrows with colour. The plus is that after 1.5-2 years, when the pigment brightens and becomes invisible, you can repeat the procedure in this technique and any other if desired.
Why does the pigment brighten? Because it is mineral-based. For permanent makeup, unique pigments are produced, which are famous for their hypoallergenic, good digestibility and naturalness of the tint palette. Pigments for classic tattooing have a different density and composition. They made on a chemical basis. As a result, after applying the permanent, the dye gradually dissolves and is naturally excreted by the body. After a few years, it becomes completely invisible.
But the duration of the effect depends not only on the body but also on the type of skin:
- On young skin, the effect lasts less due to the accelerated metabolism. At the age, respectively, longer;
- On oily skin, the effect is shorter, as the pigment gradually released with subcutaneous fat.
Human immunity is also important. If it is high, then the pigment comes out faster. The body fights foreign matter. It does it better.
Is the correction of powdery eyebrows a must
Permanent makeup masters always recommend correcting powdery eyebrows. There are three reasons for this:
- The first procedure always considered a trial, introductory since it not known how the body will behave, how the pigment will settle and what effect will be the result. The dye can partially or completely come out, become much lighter. Any imperfections are eliminated by correction. In its process, the dye again injected along the entire length of the eyebrow. Manages to hide spots, blemishes, saturate with colour;
- It will be possible to change the shape partially, if desired, to make the eyebrows darker;
- The correction prolongs the effect period.
No one has the right to forcibly correct, given that it costs 50% of the service price. But, if you want the final result to suit you completely, there are no shortcomings, and the effect was noticeable for its entire period, it recommended to do it.
Will it be possible to cover the outdated tattoo with powdery eyebrows?
None of the permanent tattooing techniques can cover the classic tattoo. The reason for this is the difference in the depths of pigment injection. When tattooing, it is inserted deeply – up to 1.5 mm with permanent – up to 1 mm. As a result, the pigment will gradually come out after overlapping, leaving the old tattoo in place. So if you still try to cover the tattoo with powdery eyebrows, you will need several corrections. But at the same time, the master will not guarantee that the result will be positive.
If the pigment introduced deeper, then the final appearance cannot predict. At first, it can be beautiful, but gradually the stain after the permanent can change its colour and come out into an unexpected, unnatural shade: red, blue, etc.
To get rid of an ugly tattoo done a long time ago, it recommended to remove it first. After that, it can do with a laser or a remover. And after the tattoo removed and the skin heals, you can make powdery eyebrows and enjoy the perfect result.
Want perfect eyebrows? Apply a powder tattoo
The technique has several advantages and a few minor disadvantages that dissolve in the final effect. It is not for nothing that powdery spraying is considered the most popular today – every second girl performs exactly it since the technique gives an amazing, but at the same time, natural appearance of the eyebrows. Therefore, if you want to feel confident and know that the eyebrows are in perfect order, make powdery eyebrows.
Booking Online Now
Answers to popular questions about eyebrow tattoo
Does it hurt to make powdery eyebrows
Powdered eyebrows are considered the least painful procedure due to the point injection of pigment into the upper layers of the skin. Clients claim that the sensations during the procedure are similar to plucking their eyebrows. Some of them even fall asleep and rest without feeling any discomfort.
Is it possible to do powdery eyebrows during breastfeeding pregnancy?
Powdered eyebrows can do during pregnancy and breastfeeding, provided that pain relievers not used. Due to the peculiarities of the technique, it is the most painless in comparison with other permanent eyebrow makeup techniques. Therefore, it allows not to use anesthetics. Even in their absence, the procedure is tolerable, allowing pregnant and lactating women to carry it out.
How long does the powder eyebrow procedure take?
The powder eyebrow tattoo procedure takes about 1.5 hours. This period includes primary and secondary consultation, development of a sketch, application of anesthetic and the design itself.
What are the benefits of powder eyebrows?
Powder coating gives a natural and natural look to the eyebrows. The procedure is painless and allows you to perform it without an anesthetic, which is a massive plus for pregnant and lactating women. The technique is optimal for those who want to give their eyebrows colour, lightness, hide minor imperfections while preserving the naturalness of the image.